XTB offers currency trading and Contracts for Difference (CFD). CFD:s are available for a wide range of underlyings, such as stock prices, commodity prices, cryptocurrency, exchange traded funds (ETF), and over twenty big well-known indices.
Over 50 different currency pairs are available, including both majors, minors and exotics. Examples of available cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ether (Ethereum), Litecoin, Ripple, and Dash.
Stocks are not traded directly, but CFD:s are available for the stock price of 1,500+ stock companies listed around the world, including locations such as the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and the European Union.
Commodity CFD:s are available for commodities such as oil, gold, silver, platinum, copper, wheat, and coffee.
XTB has been around since 2004 and has a solid reputation for reliability among the online traders. Throughout the years, this online broker has received many prestigious awards, and their analysis group ranked #1 at EMEA Bloomberg´s list of FX Accuracy for Q3 2018 and Q2 2020.
With your XTB account, you get access to two trading platforms. One is the bespoke xStation5, created specifically for XTB. The other is the famous third-party platform MetaTrader4 (MT4), which is used by a wide range of online brokers and their clients.
In 2016, the xStation5 was crowned ‘Best Trading Platform 2016’ at the Online Personal Wealth Awards. It is accessible directly in your web browser. On your mobile device, use the adapted version called xStation Mobile.
- xStation5 Mobile for smartphones, tablets and smartwatches.
- MT4 mobile app for iOS and MT4 mobile app for Android.
Account types at XTB
Two different account types are available for real money trading at XTB: Standard and Professional (XTB Pro).
Most traders at XTB have the Standard account. The XTB Professional account is only available to traders that fulfil the requirements for being classified as a professional trader. (Contact the customer service for more info.)
The fee structure and spreads for trading differs depending on which account type you have. The XTP Pro is known for offering very tight spreads for currency trading and index speculation, but is less competitive when it comes to ETF:s and stock price speculation.
The XTB customer service is staffed during weekdays but not during weekends. Phone support, live chat support and email support is available.
Deposits and withdrawals
XTB accepts most major credit/debit cards and many e-wallets, including PayPal and Skrill.
Examples of accepted currencies are EUR, USD, GBP, and HUF.
The smallest deposit is $/£/€ 250. If you want to make a HUB deposit, contact the customer support for more information.
If you send in your withdrawal request for EUR/ GBP/ HUF before 13:00 GMT on a bank day, it is typically processed within that same day.
Withdrawals can be made to a bank account.
With an XTB account, you get access to various resources that can help you in your trading pursuits. Here are a few examples:
- You can opt-in to have news and technical analysis information sent to on Whatsapp from the XTB Chief Market Analyst.
- A free Trade Alert Service is available that will send alerts to your mobile device if you sign up for it.
- In the XTB online Trading Academy, you will find a lot of helpful information and tools to advance your skills, including your technical analysis skills. Four different educational levels are available: Basic, Intermediate, Expert, and Premium.
- The platform xStation5 have tools for those who wish to analyse their own historical trading data to find strengths and weaknesses.
- Audio market commenting is available for free at the xStation5 platform. Most other online brokers and platforms charge a fee for that type of service.
Offline, a membership club for XTB traders is located in London, in the Canary Wharf neighbourhood.
The XTB corporate group owns a variety of subsidiaries to comply with regulations in different parts of the world.
Within the Europe Union, XTB is active through the subsidiary XTB Ltd (CY), which is based in the EU membership country Cyprus. It is licensed by CySEC, with the license number 169/12.
Even though Spain is a EU member, XTB has a separate subsidiary for the Spanish market: XTB Spain, which is authorized by the Spanish Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores. The same is true for the EU member Poland, where XTB is active through X-Trade Brokers DM SA and authorized by the Polish Securities and Exchange Commission.
Examples of other XTB subsidiaries:
- XTB Ltd (UK) is based in the United Kingdom and regulated by the The UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- X-Trade is based in South African and regulated by FSA.
- XTB International is based in Belize and licensed by the Belize International Financial Services Commission.